Health & Safety
Rockstone Surfacing has one all important and overriding goal, that everyone makes it home, free of injury, at the end of each and every day.
Through our Health & Safety Policy, we have created an organisational structure that encourages and facilitates our people to keep finding safer ways of working. We understand that our site level workforce are the best placed to understand how a particular process can be made safer and we ensure that these recommendations are supported by our office and management teams.
We are proud to be affiliated with the following organisations:
Our Health & Safety policy reflects the commitment of the Directors for its implementation to ensure that the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors, suppliers and members of the public is a priority at all times. All reasonably practicable steps will be taken to provide safe and healthy working conditions.
In Particular as an Employer we will:
- Provide and maintain plant and systems of work that are safe and without risk to health
- Ensure the safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles, substances & materials.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees.
- Ensure that all our working environments are safe, without risks to health and are adequately provided for with regards to facilities and the arrangements of the welfare of our employees whilst they are at work
Rockstone Surfacing Ltd is committed to protecting human health and natural resources, promoting environmental stewardship, and implementing innovative environmental technologies and practices where reasonably practicable.
Through management leadership, employee participation, and professional support, Rockstone Surfacing is committed to:
- Continually improving our environmental performance through procedures established in our Environmental Management System.
- Fuel and emission reduction through a modern fleet of major plant and equipment which is regularly maintained and updated.
- Ensuring materials are sourced from local plants on every occasion.
- Ensuring that materials are disposed of with licensed waste management companies.
- Complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and other requirements.
- Providing staff with the knowledge and tools needed to prevent negative environmental impacts.
- Implementing effective pollution prevention and waste minimisation programmes to reduce, reuse, and recycle materials where possible.
- Ensuring that energy and water are used responsibly and conserved through innovative practices and procedures.
- Responding to any incidents immediately to minimise any potential environmental impacts.
- Respectfully challenging each other to be efficient in the use of natural resources.